APPLIED KINESIOLOGY: MANUAL MUSCLE TESTING COMES ALIVE!
Saturday | October 28th & Sunday | October 29th, 2023
Team Rehabilitation Altarum Institute
3520 Green Ct, Suite 150, Ann Arbor, MI, 48105
$750 - Includes 2-day course, extensive course handout, food, and CEU credits for physical Therapists
Applied Kinesiology is a unique system of diagnosis and treatment that utilizes manual muscle testing to determine the underlying factors responsible for somatic dysfunctions. Each muscle in the body has been correlated with a specific organ or gland, acupuncture meridian, Chapman’s reflex, Bennett’s reflex, nutritional need, cranial stress receptor, or other significant treatment modality. A protocol is taught that systematically seeks out the specific therapies needed by the patient to achieve a healing response.
Applied Kinesiology began over 60 years ago and has continued to evolve as a powerful force in the healing arts. The founder, Dr. George Goodheart, Jr., has expanded upon the viscero-somatic concept to include the
major muscles of the body in addition to the traditional spinal-level relationships.
The benefits of learning Applied Kinesiology are many. One learns to artfully test all the major muscle groups in the body. This helps us find the exact weakness pattern underlying a patient complaint (e.g. shoulder, knee or back complaint). On the more advanced level, the Applied Kinesiologist acquires a powerful algorithm for working throughpatient problems. This algorithm integrates novel concepts of holographic neurology with the treatment techniques of numerous other healing arts. Applied Kinesiology is quite helpful in working with chronic and recurrent
Course Content Summary:
- Principles and applications of Applied Kinesiology
- Artful muscle testing of numerous muscle groups
- Therapy localization techniques
- Lymphatic and circulatory enhancement techniques
- Left brain / Right brain challenging
- Reactive muscle patterns
- Vertebral and soft tissue challenging
- Aerobic-Anaerobic testing and correction
- Strain/Counterstrain: Applied Kinesiology style
- Soft tissue techniques to strengthen muscles
- Intended Audience: Physical Therapists, Dentists, Medical Doctors, Osteopathic Physicians, Physician Assistants, Acupuncturists, Nurses, Athletic Trainers, and Certified Massage Therapists.
To register, please contact Dr. Jay Sandweiss:
Office: (734) 995-1880
Mobile: (734) 276-7573
Nearby Hotel Options:
Residence Inn by Marriott
3535 Green Ct, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone: (734) 327-0011
DoubleTree Hilton Ann Arbor
3600 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Phone: (734) 769-9800