Two Day Course: Treating Pain and Dysfunction Without Drugs or Surgery
April 21-22, 2021 Event begins at 8:00am
Treating Pain and Dysfunction Without Drugs or Surgery
Integrating Osteopathic Manipulation and Manual Muscle Testing for Diagnosis and Treatment Protocols
Dr. Sandweiss and his assistants will present a 2-day training for the National Capital Region Pain Initiative. Attendees will be offered valuable and effective "hands-on" treatment procedures for managing common patient conditions throughout the body as an alternative to opioids. Dr. Sandweiss will lecture and demonstrate with a high-resolution close-up video camera numerous effective manual techniques for resolving somatic dysfunction problems in the low back, pelvis, cervical, thoracic, ribs, and knee regions. Attendees will have an opportunity to practice these techniques at their viewing locations. Finally, Dr. Sandweiss has agreed to make his popular and professionally-produced instructional videos available for free for one week (4/20/21-4/25/21) to all attendees so that they can review the information and refine the techniques that were presented to them in the workshop.
Dr. Sandweiss has been treating patients with "hands-on" manual techniques for 42 years. For the last 32 years he has maintained an integrative medicine solo private practice in downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan. His patients are treated with multiple styles of osteopathic manipulative medicine, medical acupuncture, functional medicine, applied kinesiology, and evidence-based standard of care medicine.
Upon completion of this two-day course attendees will:
- Understand the fundamental principles of diagnosis and the techniques used to perform osteopathic manipulative treatment
- Appreciate the role of manual muscle testing to diagnosis dysfunctions of the neuromusculoskeletal system that cause patients' conditions and complaints
- Practice these manual tests for all regions presented in the course
- Practice a series of palpation techniques that specifically identify where the patient needs treatment
- Learn a variety of nutritional pearls that correlate synergistically with patient conditions and manual treatment protocols